We all have a lack of self motivation at times. We can learn a hundred ways to improve our lives, but then hesitate to act. Something less important catches our attention, or we just don't feel like doing what we need to do. Even a person who is normally highly motivated can sometimes have a hard time getting started on an important task.
Is there a solution? There are probably dozens of them. Below are six of the best self motivation techniques that consistently work when used. Try them all, but if you find even one or two here that work for you, you'll be on your way.
<b>Self Motivation Techniques That Work</b>
1. Talk to get motivated. One of my favorite ways to create energy and motivation is to talk. Once I tell my wife about the article I'm going to write, I'm out of my slump and back at the keyboard. For less inspiring tasks, talk about the larger goals it will help you achieve.
2. Stimulate your desire. Seeing their potential future motivates many to sign up for get-rich-quick plans. The really good salesmen can put you in your imagined dream home in minutes, and make you feel motivated to do anything to make it real. Learn to be your own salesman.
3. Stimulate your pain. One Neuro-Linguistic Programming technique is to mentally link pain with not acting. It is like when finally stop hitting that snooze button on the alarm, and get up because you think you might lose your job. Just imagine any bad consequences that may occur if you don't do what you need to do.
4. Find a true interest. If you have no interest in what you are doing, it might mean you need to do something else. If it's just a task you dislike, but it needs to be done, relate it clearly in your mind to the greater goal. I don't like to drive, but I don't have a motivation problem when I'm driving to the mountains for a vacation.
5. Boost your energy. You need energy for self motivation. Coffee may help for a while, if caffeine doesn't create other problems for you. Exercising and sleeping well help too. Yo should also watch out for sugary foods. The "sugar blues"kill motivation. Once you find energy boosters that work for you, make a list and keep it handy for future use.
6. Take any small step. I've found if I commit to raking up one bag of leaves, I soon want to finish all the yard work. Taking any small step towards your goals is a great self motivation technique. To make this even easier, break larger goals down into small steps.
Motivation techniques really do work, but don't ask me how to get motivated to use them. In any case, you were motivated enough to read this far, so you'll be fine. Oh, and humor is number seven. A good laugh can overcome that feeling of being overwhelmed that sucks away self motivation.
The foundational key to success in life is a positive attitude. We all hear about it, we all talk about it and we all read about, but do we all have positive
attitudes? Your attitude can go in three different directions ñ forward, neutral and backward. Going forward produces a positive attitude, remaining neutral
and/or sliding backward result in a negative attitude. You cannot have both a positive and negative attitude! A person with a positive attitude will have ìdown daysî, which are characteristics of a leader. In order to be
successful, you must experience frustrations in life that tend to make you a stronger leader with a drive to succeed. Another important component to developing a positive attitude is establishing daily action steps. There are three key ingredients in building a professional business in network marketing or life in general.
1. Reading your WHY card upon arising in the morning and retiring in the evening. The most important force in your life is your WHY, which I speak extensively in my training programs and during seminars. (WHY are you
living the life that you live day in and day out) You need to internalize your WHY and develop it into your spirit.
2. Consult with your Mastermind Team. Your Mastermind Team is the first three people that you consult with each and everyday that will ultimately help you achieve your WHY in life.
3. Speak to three new people a day about your business. Those three new people are three new prospects/three new seeds. ìSeed time and harvest will not cease.î Those are two principles that will parallel your success in business
and mainly in life. Basically what ever you plant you will harvest ñ positive or negative.
A forward-moving attitude will help you to build a huge business for yourself and have an incredibly successful life. I challenge you this week to read your WHY card, consult your Mastermind Team daily and speak to three new people a day about your business.
For any aspect of self-improvement, there has to be a reason for you to start and keep going. That is your motivation - the reason for doing what you do. In order to attempt any sort of improvement in your life, you need to be motivated in some way to get started. Strategies for self-improvement start with defining what it is you want to achieve and then charting a course through which you can effect the improvements or changes. These do not have to be drastic changes - they could be something as simple as making time for yourself to write in a journal each day or something to improve your health, such as quitting smoking.
Motivation comes from within. It is something that you want to do for you. This is what keeps you going, getting up each day and going off to work. Children are often the motivating force behind parents saving money, when they would ordinarily blow it on something frivolous. You know that you will need money for your children's higher education or to give them the extras that they want, such as toys and brand name clothing. This is the reason that you work each day, maintain a home and spend time enjoying each other.
If you don't have something to look forward to or see some sense of gratification in what you do, then there is no motivation to get doing it. Just meeting with colleagues helps you get a sense of who you are and your place in the world. Socialization, confidence and improvement are three main aspects of life. When you enjoy life, you can be motivated to achieve great things. Achievement does not have to be something that everyone recognizes. It can be something as simple as learning to make a quilt or to use a saw to create beautiful woodwork. The end result is the feeling of accomplishment that you have in yourself.
We are also feature on We Thrift